About the Permit
Sintana holds a carried interest in the PEL 82 license (Blocks 2112B/2212A) which is located offshore in the Walvis Basin area known as the North West Shelf, one of the most prolific gas provinces in the world.
Oil was recovered from the Wingat-1 well drilled by HRT (now PetroRio) in 2013 that is located in the block. The Murombe-1 well, drilled in the same license as Wingat-1, intersected a world class mature oil-prone source in the Aptian sequence.
The acquisition of a 3,440 square kilometers 3D seismic survey in PEL 82 resulted in the delineation of a number of significant prospects consisting of Lower Cretaceous submarine fans that are stratigraphically trapped.
Recent drilling in the Namibian offshore has proven the presence of an Aptian Type II source rock with >3% Total Organic Carbon as intersected in the Murombe-1 and Wingat-1 wells in the Walvis Basin.
- Seismic programs conducted cover more than 3,500 km of 2D and 9,500 km2 of 3D seismic data.
- 3D coverage represents 70% of total block area.
- Wingat-1 Well recovered oil of 38-41 degree API.
- Prospects Channel E, F and Paris were fully evaluated, other possible analogous channels and leads exist.
- Licence area also indciates a deeper Aptian/Albian Fan play.
|Custos Energy (Inter Oil (Pty) Ltd.)*||10%|
* Sintana owns 49% of Inter Oil (Pty) Ltd. resulting in an effective interest in PEL 82 of 5% carried interest.
PEL 82 Snapshot
|Water Depth||260m to 2460m|
|Licence Term||5 years + 1 year extension + 2 renewal terms of 2 years|
|2D Seismic||3500 km|
|3D Seismic||7920 km2|
|Nearby Wells||Murombe-1 (HRT 2013)
Wingat-1 (HRT 2013)